Sunday, January 10, 2010

Reading Marathon...

Like most sisters, Mia and Victoria are very different. From a young age, Victoria loved for us to read her books and to this day she still loves to read. Mia, on the other hand, has a hard time sitting through a whole book even if you read it with animation and excitement.

A couple of days ago, I noticed Mia going into the coat closet. Since the coat closet is full of all kinds of things, I followed behind her to prevent her from making more of a mess then already there. To my surprise when I got to the door, she was coming out with a book in hand and past right by me as if I did not exist. She walked straight to the couch, got comfortable and opened the book. When she finished “reading” the book, she walked back to the coat closet and grabbed another. She even grabbed one of my novels and “read” it.

She continued to do this for a little while and it finally dawned on me that I should be photographing her reading marathon. I took this first photo from the kitchen so she did not see me.

Quality Reading Time - Part 2

I wanted to take some photos of her from the front so that I could get her face. Unfortunately this meant that she would notice me and stop what she was doing. To my surprise she just smiled and continued grabbing more books.

Quality Reading Time - Part 2

I continued taking photos until…

Quality Reading Time - Part 2

She had enough of the photos…

Quality Reading Time - Part 2

Fed-up with my camera in her face, she began to act silly and growl at me.

Quality Reading Time - Part 2

When she stuck her tongue out at me, I stopped taking photos and left her alone for while.

Quality Reading Time - Part 2

As if I had never harassed her, she got right back to reading books.

Quality Reading Time - Part 2

Finally she finished her reading marathon and asked me to turn on the TV. She snuggled-up and relaxed.

Quality Reading Time - Part 2

Quality Reading Time - Part 2

I was really happy to see her “read” those books. I hope she will grow to love reading as much as Victoria and I do. Just last night, Jessica and Mia spent a good while reading.

No comments: